Hey You! Soap Opera you are 3rd

Blame 3 People for the Heart-Break Café (III)

               By Moffat Machingura

1. You lied. O yes you lied. You, Soap Opera and your friend Movie Thriller, you lied to the world.
You said to me “all you need is love.” But that is not true. Even if marriage is for love, two do not live as cheaply as one. More than love, we both will need money.

2. Soap lied. It is only in Soaps and thrillers, that people make love and not get pregnant. In life, even with protection, I have seen them multiply. I have seen them try to abort, and living with the guilt if they get successful. I have seen their lovers fail to trust them from the time that they kill; (PS:  hard to swallow.) “If you have killed an innocent foetus, what makes me trust you cannot kill me,” the man shouts back when the quarrel gets heated. (I am just telling what I have seen happen in life, but never sighted in a soap opera.)

So Soap Opera, I am saying you lied. I accepted your lies by then and thought they were true. But I saw you destroy my life, and many others around me.

Friends, listen to me. You have a chance to make the best of your life today, and you can do it. You may think I am boring, because I am speaking against how you feel, but it is good to listen to someone who has been there and done that, and has got the scars to prove. Fools learn from their mistakes, but wise people learn from other people’s mistakes. Do not let Cinema lure you into risks and sacrifices that you are going to regret. In love take it slow, because a heart-break is the easiest thing to find. A heart-break lives you heartless, with years you find it more and more difficult fall in love because your faller gets broken.

Be wise. Open your eyes, fools close their eyes in love – but love hurts the blind. Sex is not love. It is only in the Soaps and movies that they make love and not get pregnant. Every sacrifice has a reward, don’t sacrifice till it’s time. Love You.

And I love you too, Soapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.